I pondered over her suggestion and thought, why not share some recipes?
If I can make my own products, so can you! Here's a recipe which you can try at home.
I call this our Super Yummy Lip Smoothing Masque.
Ingredients: (for a single application)
- White or Pink kaolin clay - 1 teaspoon
- Castor oil or Avocado oil - 1/4 teaspoon
- Natural Honey - 1/4 teaspoon
- Rose hydrosol - 3.5 ml
1) Measure all the ingredients and set aside.
2) Heat oil, honey and hydrosol in a small ceramic bowl in hot water for approximately 2-3 minutes. (The temperature should not be too hot and you should be able to comfortably hold the ceramic bowl in your palm)
3) Stir the liquid ingredients together until well blended.
4) Add kaolin clay into the above mixture and stir until smooth and free from lumps.
5) Apply to lips and allow to dry for 2-3 minutes. (no talking ahh!!)
6) Wet masque and gently massage the lip area in small circular motions.
7) Rinse off with warm water and gently blot dry with facial tissue.
8) Apply your favourite all natural lip balm.
This recipe is great for dry chapped lips and doubles up as a mini lip scrub. You may also use it to prep your lips just before a special occasion or include it into your weekly beauty regime.
Your lips will feel softer and smoother...and Super Yummy *wink**